With so many decorating options, why choose wallcoverings?
1. Wallcoverings are a great impersonator. It can change the visual appearance of your room in many ways.
Decide what you want to accomplish in each room in your home. How do you want to feel when you go into a particular room? Wallcoverings, like a fine set of clothing helps you make the most of your room's strong points, while masking its weaker features.
- brightens a dark room
- adds character to a dull room
- warms up a room with no architectural features
- creates a cozy atmosphere
- frames the room's best features
- reveals your personality more than any other wall treatment
In addition, wallcoverings features certain patterns such as stripes and overall prints to perform optical illusions that make rooms that ordinarily look too long, too boxy or have low ceilings appear more proportionate.
2. Wallcoverings makes the greatest impact in your room, in a single-application.
No other decorating product offers so much color, design and coverage to suit any mood, taste and need.
3. Wallcoverings are economical.
While many wall treatments may seem inexpensive, you have to consider the long-term care of them. Many of today's wallcovering varieties have a life of seven to ten years. In addition, wallcoverings defined as scrubbable may be cleaned with soap, warm water and a gentle sponging is a must in the active family's busy where every square inch of space is used.
4. Wallcoverings are easy to install.
Don't be fooled! Hanging wallcoverings is fun and easy - when you follow the manufacturer's instructions that come with each roll of your wallcoverings. You also can speak to your local retailer who will be happy to provide helpful hints and tips to make your job easier. Many retailers, in fact, offer wallcovering clinics geared to the first-time hanger. Make it a party. Invite a friend, put on some music and watch your walls come to life!
5. Wallcoverings set a theme.
Use it throughout the house. Today's wallcovering collections are user-friendly, featuring a host of coordinating patterns, borders and color schemes that create a unified design theme throughout your home. Spread some personality in every room!
6. Wallcovering makes the most of your favorite things.
Do you love sailing, golfing, the seashore? Do you collect pipes, dolls, china or impressionistic prints? Frame out a favorite collection or pastime with wallcovering that helps accentuate your favorite things.
7. Wallcoveirng creates detail where there once was none.
Moved in to a house that has all the personality of a plain white box? Try wallcoveirngs! Wallcoverings are the economical way to add missing architectural elements to your room without hiring a general contractor. Create a chair rail with a wallcovering border. Use a full-wall pattern cut into proportionate shapes to make a paneled effect up a wall leading to a vaulted ceiling. Draw attention to a fireplace focal-point wall by wrapping it with a strong pattern, or create a focal-point wall using the same strong pattern on any blank wall. All it takes is a little imagination.
8. Wallcoverings coordinate with the looks you love.
Today's wallcoverings designers have captured virtually every fashion statement popular today from fresh country looks to upscale modern motifs.
9. Wallcoverings add value to your home.
- Covers flaws in the wall surface that paint can't.
- Protects the wall surface from marks made by today's busy family.
- Provides certain air of quality and richness not found in uncovered walls.
- An excellent fast-fix for those selling their home. Wallcoverings offer a wide range of subtle patterns and colors to neutralize the interior to fit anyone's style.
- Adds value to your most important investment. Retail studies show that a tastefully decorated home can attain a 10 to 15 percent increase in property value.
10. Wallcoverings are always in.
Wallcoverings are a timeless decorating product. As new styles emerge, wallcovering designers capture it, define it and present it in a variety of color choices. With its ability to capture any style or color scheme, wallcoverings help you express your personality and style - from contemporary to romantic to country or eclectic!
Back to Commercial Wallcoverings Resource Center